In addition to teaching in the Department of Political Sciences at the University of Pretoria, he also sits in on regional and international technical working groups on migration, labour, trade and water. His opinion pieces are occasionally published on THE CONVERSATION, OpenDemocracy and other media outlets.
Before joining GovInn, he lectured at the Zambian Open University and was Associate Consultant/Lecturer with the National Institute of Public Administration (NIPA) in Lusaka, Zambia. He also consulted with local, business and government departments and international organisations.
Chris works in all of GovInn’s four axes with a particular focus on Trans-boundary Governance.
- Regional integration
- Informal economy
- Social cohesion
- 2014-2019 — Regions from Below: Informal Cross-border Trade and Regional Integration in the COMESA-EAC-SADC Tripartite initiative
- 2015-2017 — The Potential for Regional Transitional Justice and Reconciliation Policy in Africa
- 2012-2013 – Regional international migration and its impact on the South African labour market: data, policies and livelihoods
- Regional Integration
- African Regions & Politics
- States, Governance & Political Dynamics
- Honours, Master’s and PhD (Department of Political Sciences, University of Pretoria).
See some of Chris’s publications at
ORCID ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0001-6245-4233