Robin Bourgeois is an agricultural economist and foresight practitioner from the French “Centre de Coopération Internationale en Recherche Agronomique pour le Développement” (CIRAD). He is a Senior Researcher, currently posted at the Centre for the Study on Governance Innovation (GovInn), University of Pretoria, South Africa.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics, French “Ingenieur-Agronome”, Montpellier, France
- Worked successively at ISNAR in the Netherlands supporting the reform of national agricultural research systems; at IICA in Costa Rica developing participatory commodity-chain analysis and dialogue for action; at UNESCAP CAPSA in Indonesia on poverty alleviation in rural areas; at CIRAD in France and Mayotte on foresight and institutional change and occasionally teaching at MSc level; at the Executive Secretariat of the Global Forum on Agricultural Research (GFAR) based in Rome, Italy as Foresight and Development Policies Advisor in charge of strengthening the role of GFAR in foresight and providing an open and multi-stakeholder space for dialogue and action on the future challenges for agricultural research for better development impact (Global Foresight Hub).
- Institutional Change
- Inequality and poverty in rural development
- Collective decision making in the elaboration of public policies
- Agri-food systems
- Research and transfer technology
Publications available at https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Robin_Bourgeois