The Land Matrix Intiative (see also www.landmatrix.org), a project affiliated with the Centre for the Study of Governance Innovation at the University of Pretoria, is seeking to recruit a highly motivated communication coordinator whose primary responsibility will be to take charge of communication activities for the Land Matrix initiative. He/She will also be in charge of the websites of the South African Land Observatory (SALO) and the Centre for the Study of Governance Innovation (GovInn), both of which are related to the Land Matrix. The time allocated to each will be discussed upon employment. The position will be based at the University of Pretoria.
The Land Matrix is a global, independent land monitoring initiative. Our goal is to promote transparency and accountability in decisions over land and investment by making open data available. This data is freely accessible at our website, which acts as a permanent observatory for various audiences such as affected communities, researchers, policymakers and technologists, all of whom are encouraged to collaborate in order to improve land governance to their mutual benefit.
Who should apply?
Our requirements for this position are as follows:
- A communication specialist with at least three years’ experience as a communication officer/coordinator
- Experience with CMS platforms (possibly Joomla)
- Knowledge of graphic design software; video, audio and photo editing software; web design tools (Webstudio); and graphics optimisation for web design
- Competent in editing, designing and formatting a diverse range of communication products
- English writing and editing skills
- Social media skills: ability to speak online as the voice of the project
- Experience with open-data and open-source initiatives
Languistic proficiency: Although English is the primary language, ability to work in French or Spanish – is a plus.
How to apply?
Applications should be accompanied by:
- a comprehensive motivation letter detailing the candidate’s skills and experience, and
- a two‐page Curriculum Vitae with references.
All applications should be submitted to the Land Matrix coordinator, Dr Saliou Niassy (email@example.com) at the University of Pretoria, tel. +27 12 420‐6666 and fax +27 12 420‐3206.
Deadlines and selection process:
‐ Deadline for applications: 30 March 2017
‐ Outcome of selection: April 2017
‐ Starting date: Mid April 2017
For more information on the position, see the full advertisement below:Communication Coordinator AD