CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
The Belgian Technical Cooperation (BTC), in collaboration with GovInn – The Centre for the Study of Governance Innovation, the Post-Graduate School of Agriculture and Rural Development and the Department of Agricultural Economics, Extension and Rural development of the University of Pretoria, is offering one year scholarships in the fields of policy analysis and governance regarding development, for Master’s students engaging in their last/thesis year. The bursaries aim at promoting empirical fieldwork and research at the Master’s level.
Who should/can apply?
- Students with an educational background in either sociology, political science, public administration, geography, anthropology, political economy, or socio-economy
- Motivated students, with a well-structured research project, intending to finalize their Master’s thesis within 12 months
- Master’s students engaging in their last/thesis year
- Southern African citizens (priority will be given to South African students and South African related topics)
Which fields and topics are focused on?
- Topics related to the broad field of development policy, in particular related to agriculture, rural development and natural resources governance in rural areas (agricultural and rural development policy, water policy, natural resource management, land reform, food security, etc.)
- Topics related to public policies and governance – as the main object of research – will be prioritized.
What is included in the scholarship?
- The scholarship will cover a monthly stipend for 12 months, 1-year registration fees and research costs related to the fieldwork for the Master’s thesis.
How to apply?
Applications should include:
1) A well-structured research project, including title, objectives, hypotheses, initial methodology and literature review, awaited results, preliminary calendar, academic/institutional set-up (discipline and supervisor) (3p. max)
2) Student’s CV
Applications should be send to Dr Ward Anseeuw (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr Magalie Bourblanc (email@example.com), with the supervisor in CC.
Application process and calendar:
Deadline for applications: February 28th 2015
Selection outcome announced by University of Pretoria and BTC: April 2015
Starting date bursary: April 2015
For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com